Visits

free counters

20 May, 2009

Turning Japanese


Release Date: April 14, 2009


Author: Cathy Yardley


One of the coolest books that I am reading right now. It's a catcher from the start (atleast for me it was because I really am into Japanese culture and manga), and keeps you going throughout the book. Here is the book description from the back cover=
"Meet Lisa Falloya, an aspiring half-Japanese-,half-Italian-American manga artist who follows her bliss by winning an intership and moving to Tokyo to draw the Japanese-style comics she's been reading for years. Leaving behind the comforts of a humdrum desk job and her workaholic fiance, Lisa has everything planned--right down to living wither a nice Japanese family--but hasn't taken into account that being part-Asian and highly enthusiastic isn't going to cut it. Faced with an exacting boss and a conniving "big fish"manga author, Lisa risks her wedding, her friends, and her fears--al for a shot at making it big."
I've already taken this book from the library and reading myself right now. I'm not providing a link to this because, this really should be promoted more (and if there's a library, you can go there too). I hope you enjoy it! ^_^0
Although......*being mischevious*...if you click on the link, you'll find a surprise if you want to view it before buying it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment