Visits

free counters

08 November, 2012

Arang and The Magistrate

   So I haven't finished watching Heartstrings >.<. Sometimes I find myself looking for other good dramas, knowing that I already have a good one to watch. Why I do this? I don't know... But by doing so, I found out about Arang and the Magistrate.

One lonely dark night....
in my bed....
I was too tired to go to sleep.

So I turn on my cellphone, open the Crunchyroll APP, and start searching if they have any good dramas to watch.

Luckily, I was sick so I had all the time in the world to do absolutely nothing...except cough, sneeze, and swallow lots of mucus..etc. So I guess I am doing something, it's just not productive. But anyways, that's the story of my findings of this drama.

Title: Arang and the magistrate or (아랑사또전)
Genre: supernatural, historical, comedy, romance
Episodes: 20 (and 1 special)
Release Date: 8 August 2012

  With the awesome Shin Min Ah who appeared as the main lead role in My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho, which I have written about earlier. I think she's a good actress so far. And then who can forget about Lee Jun Ki?!!! I haven't kept track of kpop recently, so I'm not sure if he's made any new albums. Last time I saw him making an album, he was kinda considered a bit "old" O___O for that type of Hallyu popularity. Of course I totally disagree.

  So before I get even more away from the main topic, let me get to the point right?! Lee Jun Ki plays the role of the magistrate.

Word of the Day: Sattou (magistrate)
The story is this:
  Set during the Chosun period, Arang is a ghost. She doesn't remember how she died or who she was. So she goes about trying to get the attention of each magistrate in her town, in order to find out more about herself, but she ends up getting the reputation of the magistrate-killing ghost in the human world. She doesn't do it on purpose, they just don't have the balls to actually see a ghost. So then once Eun Oh (Lee Jun Ki) is made magistrate, we find out he has the ability to see and speak to ghosts. Eun Oh also wants to know what happened to his mother. Where did she go? He and Arang get together and try to figure out what happened to her as well as see if he can find anything about her mother. In the meantime, Eun Oh starts falling in love with her, and other characters are believed to be connected to this whole situation.

  Don't worry, this is not one of those suspense/detective stories. It does require a bit of detective skills, but that is not the main focus. Recently, I've been talking to a girl in my class who also likes dramas. She recommended me to watch Iljimae (since Lee Jun Ki is also in it). And I recommended her to watch God of Study since the actor playing the role of the Jade Emperor in Arang and The Magistrate also plays a role in this God of Study drama.

  And then she was like, "have you watched Coffee Prince ?" (which I have also written about earlier), and I was all, "yea of course!!". And then told her how one of the guys in Coffee Prince resembles another actor who is in the Pasta drama, and how now he's in a new drama called Full House Take 2. (No Min Woo who I just am in such a celebrity crush for a while)

  We kept talking about all their connections from one drama to the next based on the actors we liked. I guess it's one of those topics I like to talk about so much that I don't get tired of it. I mean, wouldn't you like to talk about hot guys?! (or girls) So don't worry. I've mention just a few dramas that I still haven't talked about but let's keep that to another post no?!

Here is the official Site. You can watch in Crunchyroll.com

No comments:

Post a Comment