Visits

free counters

09 December, 2009

Updates On My Life

Meeting GTS
It was really interesting...
I think it was the first time I ever saw a teacher
wearing an abercrombie-looking-red sweater,
with jeans and slim gym shoes.
All of this while teaching in the morning,
and doing my interview.
Nonetheless,
he gave me the packet at the end of interview.
This is the part where I fill out MORE papers for
Japan trip (including physical to check if I am
healthy, social security, とかとか。。。).
He asked somewhat-personal questions too, like:
~have you ever traveled outside the country?
  which i said: well, it would be imposible if i did not,
  because i was not born here...
~do you speak other languages? do you speak them
at home?
  i said: yes -->spanish. mostly at home 99%, and when
  family visits. then i explained how my おばあさん ,
  (私 の おばあさん) does not know a lot of english, so
  i have to translate everything for her.
Overall, I was happy. Still am.
Hopefully, I can finally finish those papers before my
birthday and xmas.


Register For New Classes
Next semester's schedule will be a little longer than
this semester.
MONDAY:                       WEDNESDAY:            FRIDAY:
9 - 9:50: English 1102          English 1102            same

11 - 11:50: Intro to             Intro to R.               same
                Religion
12 - 12:50: Math                 Math                       same
1 - 3:45: Art/Drawing         Art/Drawing             -----


TUESDAY:                                     THURSDAY:

7 - 9:30 pm: Japanese 1101                     no classes


I looked at the schedule, figures...there is no
Japanese 1101 during morning (for credits). TT_TT
This semester I end MONDAY, WEDNESDAY,FRIDAY at
1 pm, and 12 afternoon on TUESDAY, and THURSDAY.
So next, I will leave later, but i will have no classes on
thursday, and tuesday i only have the japanese class at
night time.
So i guess is ok. ^^
As long as I take the japanese class, I am satisfied.


Thanksgiving.
This week many people I know are talking about it.
Personally,
I have never celebrated it. In puerto rico, this is not
a holiday, so there is no reason for me to start anyway.
Although, I enjoy the time off from school.
That means---> *drum roll* ----> more sleep time!!!!!!

 Japanese
 I finally finished human japanese(trial).
It really wasn't that hard.....it just took me time to
memorize vocabulary to use around the house.
To help me, I wrote the word in kana, color with
highlighter, and put them around the house. I used
romaji (under the kana) because my mother was
interested too, and she doesn't know how to read kana.


And from the book that I learn from, I finally finish 
memorizing family / かぞく, and major family members.
The patern is really easy too. Now i just want to learn the
word for cousin; just for fun, and because I like to study.
I feel very proud of myself that I have taught myself
this, with no help from teacher. ^^
Maybe I will take more time to study during Thanksgiving.



Huge Paper On Freedom.
After my english teacher said "she doesn't like to give
work during break, because the whole point of a break
is to have a ..break." Well well well, now I have to
work on a huge paper about freedom, and how
freedom is a great thing with the proper usage of power.
I will focus more on international issues, since only US
freedom is kind of boring...for me at least.


Don't Ask Me
Some people I know, recently, have asked me: which one is
better, Japan or USA?
Please, I hate answering these kinds of things,
because then I have to explain there is no right or wrong.
This type of question is only based on opinion.
And what makes a person think they are right?
This is like asking me: which one is right and which
one is wrong.
There is many aspects of both countries that are good,
and there are bad ones too. But I do not believe US is
better, or Japan is better.
Example: I don't agree with the fact that Japan has a
constitution, though it is more like "guidelines" than law.
And US still does not have equal pay between women
and men. It's proven that for every dollar (1.00) a man earns,
a woman earns 3/4 of it (.75 cents).


I comes down to the question of: where would you
rather live, Japan or USA?
This I can actually answer --> USA, but I would travel to

Japan often. Everyone has their own things they like,
and dislike. Not everyone is the same, so this answer
does not need much explaining.


Ending On A Good Note
In maybe,.....3-4 days, we will receive the Training
Pacekt for Wii. This will be fun. muahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment